Spell checking for your existing Winforms applications without replacing any textboxes
A .NET spelling highlighting and correction control specifically for Winforms textboxes that runs natively on all .NET frameworks from 3.5 upwards. The controls integrates with existing Winforms textboxes, which means that replacing your existing textboxes is not required.
Multi-Lingual Spell Checking
The control is multi-lingual, providing spell checking in any language. It utilizes the in-built spelling capabilities of Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 and because of this spell checking is limited only by the Windows language packs end-users have installed on their PC's (and it can default to their default language).
- Multi-lingual (works with all Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 language packs)
- Inline spelling error highlighting in any language
- Spelling correction via context menu and spelling suggestions dialog
- Works with single line and multi-line textboxes
- Custom dictionaries
- Run natively on Windows 8, 8.1 and 10
- Does not require dictionary files
- Integrates with existing Winforms textboxes (no need to replace any controls)
Simple to implement
Just place the control on a windows form or other container object, such as a frame. Then set the language to perform spell checking and correction in (defaults to the system default language), initiate the control in form_load to hook all your textboxes, and exclude the textboxes that you don't want spell checked.
- Winforms application running under .NET framework 3.5 or greater
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 (Windows 7 is not supported)
- Please note: The DLL may be used in Windows 7 and XP applications but spell checking will not be performed